4 jan. 2010

Fender Stratocaster 1972 body conversion



Here is a 1972 Fender Stratocaster body that has been converted from a 3-Bolt to a 4-bolt, and then plugged again. All this drilling and plugging was done some what poorly. So I will rescue this nice body, and convert it to 1960 specs.


And thanks to the wonderful world of the Internet I now have a full scale print out of the Fender spec for a 1960's Stratocaster.





The body is some what over sanded around the horns, so I need to build up some layers with wood filler. And plug the old strap hole and drill a new one with the correct angel



The paint job is however very nicely done. The finish is close to a pro job.
But I will give the guitar a new color so it matches a old Fender custom color. I'm thinking Sherwood Green.

The neck pocket is were the most work is needed. Currently is as the bottom 3rd hole for the micro tilt system open, and the top 2 holes for a 4-bolt system. So nothing matches.
I have a 1965 Fender Statocaster neck that I'm using for alignment references.



First I used wood filler to sort out all the uneven areas, and plugging the old micro tilt system.
The old holes also had a incorrect angel, so these needed some adjustment as well.



I used the 1965 Strat neck to confirm the measurements for where the holes should go.








Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar